Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Just do it...

The hardest thing in the world is to just do it. I need to lose weight and get back into some sort of shape. Maybe not my fighting weight and certainly not my High School twig'ness. But, something. So... just do it.

The first step is the hardest.

Two nights ago at Chili's I ordered from the "guiltless" menu. No loaded mashed potatoes, no french fries, no maple syrup on my on Diet Coke.

Yesterday I went to Woodranch and ordered my usual chicken breast, but went with the veggies and rice instead of the mashed potatoes and ranch beans.

Last night I stayed up late watching a mid-night showing of The Devil Wears Prada on HBO, so when morning dawned I didn't want to get up. I wanted to stay glued to my bed in a way that suggests my pillows have hands. But, I got up. Slowly, yeah, but I got up. I dressed and went for my first power walk in weeks.

Victory.... kinda.

No comments: