Saturday, October 10, 2009

Best of You Tube 10-10-09

What do you do after a long day of work with your knees in pain and your head no where near a creative impulse?

You go to You Tube.

Here's what's floating my boat tonight:

J.B. Smoove as Leon single handedly saved the first half of season six of Curb and cemented his place in television history as one of the funniest characters ever. EVER.


One of my favorite hobbies is to find clips of news gone wrong. This compilation has some classics. And by classic I mean a reporter getting hit by an airplane.


I'm a lifelong Yankees fan, but I was a twelve year-old baseball fanatic in my little league A's hat watching this at-bat in a family friend's living room. As the ball sailed into the stands (and into the brake lights of the exiting fans) I threw my hat down in disgust, cursing the name of Kirk Gibson. Now: I can recite Vin's call from memory. Go to the seven minute, two second mark for the money shot, but I love this clip because the it is whole at-bat. If you have ten minutes... watch it all and relive the tension, the drama, the moment. Best. Sport. Ever.


Years ago... when I wanted to kill myself... this song helped make me stop. Thanks, Modfather.

No comments: